Pastrami - Sliced by the Pound
Here is the tastiest Pastrami you can buy, a cornerstone of Katz's meat offerings and a memorable excursion into deli sandwich luxury. Our incredibly tender, melt-in-your-mouth pastrami doesn't get this way by chance - here's a glimspe into the rigorous process:
1) First, we pickle the meat for 3 weeks in our secret brine solution
2) Then we apply a spice blend to the outside of the meat (aka. "the rub")
3) The meat is then slow-smoked for 3 days at a low, even temperature
4) Followed by boiling in our kitchen for 3 hours
5) And then steamed behind our carving counter
6) Finally, the pastrami is carved by hand by the most experienced deli staff on the planet.
So, this is no *ordinary* pastrami.
In the words of our talented, knife-wielding meat cutters behind the counter, "Who's Next?!"
- Pastrami is by nature, a fatty cut of meat. If you would prefer a leaner cut of pastrami order the Lean Sliced Pastrami option.
- You can assume between 2-3 sandwiches per pound.